Battleshed Diaries

Sunday 19 April 2015

Incoming - latest additions to the Battleshed



After a couple of hours in the Battleshed breathing in that heady mix of laser-cut MDF and PVA glue, three more scenery models have been added to my collection. These were the Sarissa Precision kits that I bought back in February whilst at Vapnartak, the York Wargames show. 

The first two (left to right in picture below) are from Sarissa's 28mm Sc-Fi range - the 'Command Pod - Communications' and the 'Hanger and Strong Point Landing Pod Top'. The third model is from their Old West range, the 'Wind Water Pump'.

Command Pod -Communications, Hanger & Strong Point Landing Pod, Old West Wind Water Pump

The two Sci-Fi buildings were bought with plans for them to be incorporated into a VSF terrain board for In Her Majesty's Name. Various sections from the buildings can be swapped out - for example the Strong Point landing Pod Top can be swapped with the Communications Pod.

Now I've finally got these buildings put together I'm forming ideas about how to progress this board. Add in a few Victorian buildings and a bit of painting and customization and I've got the Headquarters for Lord Curr's Q-Division laboratories, manufacturing and testing area. That hanger is just asking for a good VSF Blimp model! 



The Wind Water Pump is destined for my Dead Man's Hand town, Obsession. It already has a Water Tower but I liked the water pump so much I had to have it! I think it'll be a fine addition.


5 comments:

  1. They are great. Look forward to seeing how you finish them off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great. I look forward to sneaking round them and shooting at you đŸ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gordon, lots of airbrushing and weathering pigments I think!

    Sam, I'll get the 'special red marker' ready ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unusual and beautiful, I really like this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed Phil. I've been admiring the Sarissa Precision kits on demonstration at various shows for quite some time and have finally found an excuse to purchase. There are a plethora of MDF kit suppliers out there now - I have a fair few 4Ground pre-painted kits for my Dead Man's Hand town - but the Sarissa ones really stand out for me. The designs are quite elegant and original. They even look good unpainted :)

    ReplyDelete